|It's sad to think how much money I've spent on this and its been less than a year!|
1) Always spray your primer in short small burts.
2) Unless its for a competition, painting the interior of a vehicle is never worth it, just seal it up.
3) Never buy a model you won't open the moment you get home.
4) Never paint or prime any piece you plan to directly glue. Always shave it down to the plastic / metal.
5) Always completely prime, paint and matt your model in one go. Never half paint it then come back a few weeks later. You'll be suprised how your technicques could have changed in that time.
1) Always roll for 'The Red Thirst".
2) Immediately purchase a tape measure. It makes life infinately easier.
3) Become familar with EVERY codex. I cannot stress this enough, don't have to memorize just make sure you are familiar with it.
Well...three each is a good start. Many of these things will be 'duh' to most players but I didn't originally think them so I figure that there have to be others the feel the same.
Knowledge is Power... "The Initiate"